Spawning Larva - Mechanics

Go down

Spawning Larva - Mechanics

Post  mmAudioslave on Tue 6 Mar 2012 - 8:16

There are two ways i know whtch is know styles here. I dont know whitch one is best, but id like to discuss it. Ive used both, and im using number 2 atm, and it workes good, with a few hints.

Hotkey 5 6 7++ For each queen(or base since you want your same hotkey on base queen and macro hatch queen).
All your hatches on same hotkey, i use 4.
To spawn larva you hit 5- 5- v- click, 6- 6- v- click, ++
Pros:
-You can choose what base to spawn to
-After spawned larva you can make units without and other clicks
-If you have a lot of larva you dont need to make queens on other exp (you can'nt have enougth larva after my opinion)
Cons:
-It takes a lot of apm
-Hard to hit hotkey 8-9-0 if you have many bases

First thing you do is change the "backspace" key to a more acessable key, i use space
Hotkey all you queens on the same hotkey, i use 5
To spawn larva hit space (if you are not in you base) - 5-v- click-space-click-space-click.
Instead of hitting space you can hit 5 2 times to get to base, but this take more apm.
All you hatch on 1 hotkey, i use 4. You need a queen for every hatch, else this will fail.
Pros:
-Spawning larva on many exp goes ultra fast
-Its less hotkeys to think about, but
-Easier to do, no hard hand movements
-When you dont loose queens and have some controll, this IS the best method, and everything goes so smoooth!
Cons
-If you have a exp without a queen and you do this, all your queens migth be running around on the map Shocked
-If you make a hotkey mistake, like putting a queen on your hatch hotkey, you cant make units with this move.
-When you are under alot of pressure and you don't have a queen on a hatch, or lost one, this method is hard to master.

I didnt but the fact that you need a queen at each hatch as a pro or con, since it has both.
Ok u want to make a tip to the number 2 method, since this is the one ive used the moast.

-If you know you have a hatch without a queen, you just do the method slow, you just see if you have a queen on the hatch before you click, and if you dont just hit space to get to next hatch.
-If you make a misstake, and you know it just hit S, to make the stop moving around the map, then continue with the 1st step.

Now, start owning! Cool

mmAudioslave
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spawning Larva - Mechanics

Post  mmFox on Tue 6 Mar 2012 - 18:09

Nice post for zerg players or new zerg players! Me like Smile
mmFox
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down